Where world class science underpins wealth-creating innovation
World recognised science location:
The Cheshire Science Corridor is a crescent that crosses the northern part of the Cheshire & Warrington sub-region linking together nationally and internationally significant research facilities and established science based businesses.
The Enterprise Zone brings together a portfolio of sites and premises which maximise the benefits arising from the assets of the Cheshire Science Corridor and wider sub-region across all aspects of science and innovation, by facilitating significant opportunities for collaborations and synergies between businesses, institutions and research establishments.
Highly skilled labour market:
Cheshire and Warrington is home to a strong, educated and entrepreneurial labour market with an employment rate, skills attainment and business start-up ratio exceeding both the national and regional averages. Further skills development is supported by high quality educational institutes including The University of Chester working directly with businesses at Thornton Science Park together with Reaseheath College and the Colleges of Mid, West and South Cheshire. The University of Liverpool; Liverpool John Moores University; The University of Manchester; and Manchester Metropolitan University also provide world class education and research capabilities on the edge of the Cheshire Science Corridor.
Portfolio of opportunity:
The Enterprise Zone brings together the best commercial opportunities within the Cheshire Science Corridor across four key locations:
- Alderley Park – 1.1m sq ft of high specification R&D and office space within a parkland setting
- Birchwood – 20 Ha of development land; new flexible warehousing premises and 200,000 sq ft of refurbished office space
- Thornton Science Park – 9.3 Ha of secured development land offering a mix of business rate discounts and enhanced capital allowances with potential to collaborate with the University of Chester
- Ellesmere Port – Portfolio of nine oven-ready sites totalling 49 Ha and able to offer a mix of business rate discounts and enhanced capital allowances
Site pro-formas for all of the opportunities are available on the web-site.
Looking to invest, or just want to find out more?Visit Cheshire Science Corridor website here.
- Life Sciences
- Energy and Nuclear
- Environmental Technologies
- Advanced Manufacturing and Engineering
Covering 100 hectares plus existing premises across four key locations along the M56 corridor, the Cheshire Science Corridor Enterprise Zone is well connected by road, rail, water and air.
The Enterprise Zone sites benefit from easy access to the major motorway network, including the M6 corridor and two international airports – Manchester and Liverpool John Lennon which serve almost 30 million passengers and transport near 120,000 tonnes of air freight every year. The new deep water container terminal at Liverpool 2 is just 40 minute drive away, and the Protos site in Ellesmere Port has the potential for direct access to the Manchester Ship Canal.
Find out more
Tel: +44 (0)1606 812280