The Lancashire Enterprise Zone is be a world-class location for a variety of hi-tech sectors.
It builds on the aerospace capabilities already in the region, and will capitalise on new and emerging market opportunities in parallel advanced engineering and manufacturing activities.
It will also provide a complementary offer to other national centres, including the Advanced Manufacturing and Research Centre in Sheffield.
Companies in the Enterprise Zone benefit from:
- Business Rates relief worth up to £275,000 over a 5 year period
- simplified planning process, a Local Development Order has been secured for Samlesbury and Warton should have one shortly
- superfast broadband
- centrally located in the UK in easy reach of all major Northern cities, Manchester Airport and Liverpool Superport, at the heart of the national motorway and rail network
- the Samlesbury site is in rolling countryside east of Preston, a short drive from the M6, offering substantial undeveloped open space
- the Warton site adjoins a village to the west of Preston on the Ribble Estuary and is part of a secure airfield with a 7,900ft runway
- Advanced Manufacturing/Engineering
The Lancashire Enterprise Zone comprises 147 hectares at 2 existing BAE Systems sites at Samlesbury and Warton, east and west of Preston.
Find out more
Telephone +44(0)1772 538790