Manchester Airport City Enterprise Zone is a major development opportunity for a wide range of businesses focused on the international links offered by the Airport and the healthcare and bioscience hub at University Hospital South Manchester.
It will offer business space and offices, logistics, advanced manufacturing and supporting retail and leisure, including hotels and conferencing facilities. Complementing these will be health- and biotech-related development at Medipark as well as Manchester Academic Science Centre located at University Hospital South Manchester.
Companies in the Enterprise Zone benefit from:
- Business Rates relief worth up to £275,000, Research & Development tax credits and enhanced capital allowances
- almost £0.5 billion investment in infrastructure including tram, roads, rail and public realm
- planning framework that will fast-track development
- superfast broadband
- excellent communication links, including integrated Metrolink, rail, bus, coach motorway/road, systems. 20 mins from both Manchester City Centre and the M6 (J19)
- over 200 international air links through the adjacent Manchester Airport
- a new high quality business district
- redeveloped World Freight Terminal
- a portfolio of business premises and sites for small, medium and large businesses
- ancillary commercial facilities
- UK Trade & Investment (UKTI) support for international business enquiries, and actively encourage the best overseas companies to consider the UK as their global partner of choice
- Advanced Manufacturing/Engineering
- Business Services
- Industrial Biotechnology
- Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare
116 hectares across 5 complementary sites close to Manchester Airport and University Hospital South Manchester, including at its core Airport City a new business destination right next to the terminals and ground transport interchange connecting to Manchester City Centre and the national road and rail network.
Find out more
Telephone +44 (0)161 4893413