Discovery Park was until recently the European research and development headquarters of Pfizer. It is one of the largest sites of its type in Europe, currently employing around 1,000 scientists. In late August 2012 the site was purchased by Discovery Park Limited, the experienced team responsible for the successful development of the ex Samsung site at Stockton-on Tees-Wynyard Park.
The 3 million square feet of workspace includes laboratories, offices and warehousing – all built to a high specification, with opportunities for substantial extra construction. Additional facilities include a restaurant, child care, health club and sporting facilities.
Companies in the Enterprise Zone benefit from:
- Business Rates relief – up to £275,000 over 5 years
- simplified planning process
- superfast broadband
- access to Expansion East Kent interest-free loans
- research and development tax credits – and access to the Government’s Patent Box benefits from 2013
- being part of the East Coast Pharma hub – giving access to sector skills and support
- life sciences
100 hectares situated 14 miles east of Canterbury in Kent. Discovery Park is 90 minutes by high-speed rail to London and about 60miles from the M25. Easy access is also available by high-speed rail to Paris in about 2 hours.