The Enterprise Zone in Great Yarmouth and Lowestoft presents an excellent opportunity for businesses to capitalise on the area’s leading position in the energy sector. The area’s energy industry and its supply chain has developed and evolved over a 50-year period embracing the full energy spectrum – from gas through to nuclear to offshore wind.
Companies in the Enterprise Zone benefit from:
- Business Rates relief
- simplified planning - 7 Local Development Orders are already in effect
- super-fast broadband
- 1 of 6 national Centres for Offshore Renewable Engineering (COREs)
- 2 ports with complementary facilities supporting the offshore energy sector with a supply chain and skilled workforce
- the closest deep-water ports to over £50 billion of capital expenditure to be invested in the energy sector over the next 20 years
- a dedicated energy-industry trade association, East of England Energy Group (EEEGR), through which to reach supply-chain partners
- political and business community commitment through Norfolk and Suffolk Energy Alliance (NSEA)
- energy industries
- renewable energy
- green technologies
- construction and engineering
- marine industries
121 hectares across 6 sites on the East coast in Norfolk and Suffolk with 2 deep-water ports. Norwich International Airport offers UK and international air connections and helicopter transfers for oil and gas. Heliport at North Denes Great Yarmouth, helicopter facilities in Lowestoft and air strip at Ellough. Regular direct trains to London.